YIELD: Makes 8 servings
- 2 cups - Weeks raw wildflower honey
- 4 lbs. - fresh chicken wings
- 3 cups - rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup - Sriracha
- 2 T - salt
- Place wings in a large bowl and rinse with cool water.
- Add rice wine vinegar, sriracha, salt and 1/2 of the honey.
- Fold to incorporate all the ingredients and coat the wings evenly.
- Using the slow and low method of BBQ'ing, set grill temperature to 225-240°F. If using coals, let them burn off and move over to one side of the grill.
- Place the wings on the grill, cover with a lid and cook for 12-14 minutes before turning once and letting them cook for an additional 15-18 minutes.
- Open the lid and turn the wings one more time. Brush the remaining honey onto the wings.
- Let the wings cook for 5-8 more minutes, remove from heat and serve them up hot and juicy!
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michell Sanchez, Grilling Expert and Owner/Executive Chef of Latin House Grill, made for the National Honey Board