Makes 2 main dish or 8-10 appetizer servings
- For Honey Pears:
- 2 T - butter, divided 1 - very firm pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 - shallots, peeled and thinly sliced 1 tsp. - fresh thyme leaves
- 3 T - honey
- 1 T - lemon juice 1/4 tsp. - sea salt fresh ground pepper
- 1 (8.8 oz.) package - Naan (contains 2 pieces)
- 1 T - olive oil 1 cup - fontina cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup - goat cheese, crumbled
- 3-4 - fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 T - honey, plus additional for serving
- 1 tsp. - kosher salt, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a skillet over medium, melt the butter and heat to a sizzle. Add the pears and shallots, thyme, honey, lemon juice, salt and pepper, cook for about 8 minutes until the pears are tender and the liquid is reduced and thickened.
- Remove from heat and cool. Lightly brush the naan with the olive oil and place on a sheet pan.
- Bake for 8 -10 minutes, turning halfway through. Remove the naan from the oven and evenly sprinkle 1/2 of the fontina cheese over each, bake for another 6 minutes until the cheese begins to melt.
- Remove from the oven.
- Add the pear shallot mixture evenly across the naan and top with the remaining cheeses.
- Return the naan to the oven and bake for another 6-8 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the naan and the pears are warmed through.
- To serve, top with fresh thyme leaves, drizzle with honey and sprinkle with the kosher salt.
Be sure to use firm pears for this recipe to avoid them becoming mushy. You may substitute apples in this dish when pears are not in season.